Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading a design and implementation team and providing all aspects of technical leadership.
- Overall responsibility for design and implementation of the system.
- Direct all areas of the development process, including data modeling, system architecture and design, technology selection, unit and regression test design and implementation, etc.
- Coordination and efficient utilization of contractors (i.e. DBA, network, etc) as needed.
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices.
- Work very closely with Lead/Senior Software developers to ensure schedule and quality compliance.
- Stay current with industry developments and incorporate as and when necessary.
- Provide time and effort estimates as it relates to engineering effort.
- Full lifecycle application development
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or engineering.
- Minimum 8 years experience in software design and implementation in distributed, multi-tier, heterogeneous client systems using structured, object-oriented languages.
- Experience in software development environments for mobile devices is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years experiences in lead engineer or lead architect capacity
- Minimum 3 years experience with object-oriented design and implementation with expert knowledge of stored procedures, OO language(s), enterprise service bus architectures, etc.
- Strong experience in different middleware technologies and servers, including both open source and proprietary technologies.
- Very strong relational database knowledge, including data modeling and performance tuning.
- Strong experience with interfacing with other enterprise systems through various messaging technologies such as web services and MQ Series.
- Proven and demonstrable experience architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems.
- Proven and demonstrable experience leading an engineering team through a new development process.